Monday, October 24, 2011

They said it wouldn’t happen again

I’m feeling pretty grumpy with Dublin County Council.  Back in July when I was clearing out the little patch in the front garden (that I was so proud of), one of the items I dumped was a leaflet proclaiming that the drainage issue that had caused the floods in 2008 and 2009 were finally resolved.  Take a look at my Twitpic.

I learned an important lesson today.  When there are floods, you should make sure your front gate is closed – “What on God’s green (and currently very soggy) earth makes her think that will help?”, I hear you say…well. it would prevent the neighbours bins floating in and depositing their contents all over my little patch.  I was too disheartened to take a picture, suffice to say the whole project will have to be repeated.  Sad smile

No comments:

Post a Comment